Sunday, August 2, 2009

Travelers at Reagan National

I observed travelers at Reagan National yesterday, and not much caught my eye as great or terrible. A lot of women were wearing shorts or capris. Capris are probably safe (with respect to getting rashes from the seat or making it down the escape slid). But I focused on women in pants. First I saw one example of what NOT to wear. I figure these people I don't need to ask permission to take their photograph since I'll be cutting their head off (in the photo).


Here is the what not to wear. Because I cut off the head you aren't seeing the cowboy hat:





This was kind of fun. I was waiting for someone that looked great enough to warrant getting up my courage to ask to take their photo. I had even brought some personal cards on which I could write the address of the website.

This woman caught my eye, she looked great and comforatble. I was looking at what she was wearing and I thought she noticed I kept looking at her, so I went up and told her about my blog topic and she gave me permission to post the photo with the head. I've got two shots. One ypu can see her handbag better and the other shows her rolly carry-on bag. She was very nice and posed for several shots so I could get the right light:






She is wearing simple black pants, and very cute peachy high heeled sandals. Her gray bag is great too.

My yoga pants turned out to be extremely comfortable, but my step daughter (Katie) asked me if I was wearing pajama pants. So I'm not sure that I've really gone beyond sweatpants. But my husband liked them, and they were VERY comfortable. I think Katie may have been getting back at me for the crack the other night that she used to wear pajama pants.


ieva









1 comment:

  1. i totally agree! there's definitely an "outfit" to wear when traveling. I think about "what not to wear" show before leaving. comfort yet chic and warm as the airplanes are always FREEZING!

    ReplyDelete