Monday, August 3, 2009

Thin wallets and Chicago Street Fare

In Chicago, our friends took us to Market Days. It is an annual street fair on Halstead Avenue, in an area known as Boys Town. The place was packed with people and vendors. There were some vendors just selling clothes and jewelry (and wallets), but most of the vendors were groups with specific goals and interests like pet adoption, Hepatitis awareness, supporting marriage among non-heterosexual couples, stuff like that. I found one booth with just exactly the wallet I had been looking for. I wanted to replace a leather one I had bought about 5 years ago at Nordstrom, made by Lodis (http://www.lodis.com/leather/shop-womens/shop-by-style/accessories/audrey-mini-id-card-case/4699). I wasn't seeing them at Nordstrom and hadn't thought of looking online, where it still obviously is available. It was perfect for carrying a few cards around and my license. I really preferred the plastic window so I didn't need to pull the license out frequently. Here is what my old one looked like:



One vendor was selling these washable, water resistant small wallets. They weren't leather, but after some time looking at leather Prada and otherhigh end wallets, I knew this was my best bet for now. http://www.bigskinny.net/ I've now put my stuff in it and like it better than the prior one, because it has space for bills and coins. See the picture. I got a pink one instead of black, because the vendor said it would be easier to find in my handbag. Black maybe would be more chic. Here is a picture of my new one:










As for Market Days, it is a huge gay and lesbian event in Chicago. It was a fun event. Kind of a specatator thing, for me and my friends, but really upbeat, good music and drinks, and everyone was really friendly, so what's not to like?






So anyway, now I have my new cheap super efficient tiny wallet.


Ieva

No comments:

Post a Comment