Wednesday, July 22, 2009


MEETING STACY LONDON!


O.K, I love the show What Not to Wear. So when Margaret at the last minute told me about this blog launch party with Stacy London at Urban Chic (in Georgetown) (http://www.urbanchiconline.com/) I HAD to go. My husband was out tonight with the guys, and my big plans had been to go to Costco and then come home and spend time snuggling with Manon (my one-eyed cat).

Anyway, they had all these cookies and (see attached photo of one I took home) cool looking sweets and chocolate covered strawbwerries. Mind you most of the women in the place were of course slim and not likely to indulge in big cookies. I had one chocolate covered strawberry and several champagnes. Most people were drinking water. Not me. Then Stacy arrived fashionably late. As I needed to get to Costco I was one of the first six or so to try to get her attention. I was in front of her as she was finishing up with someone else, and she was heading towards me ready to have me remove my necklace. It was a fuchsia plastic bead thing. She said it was fine, just too playful for what I had on. So the rest was o.k. I guess. She LOVED my yellow vegan leather bag that I wrote about previously. She said that was a good pop of color. Her words of wisdom to the group, "smart is the new black". She's in town b/c she's starting a styling service in DC for all the smart new people flocking here. She said she hopes Michelle Obama uses her service but didn't elaborate. That's it.



When I told my mother about my encounter, she asked if she said anything about my hair. Well no she didn't, she's not the hair person. I'm sure my mother was waiting for a big "told you so"moment, that my hair is terrible.



Oh, a Washington Post reporter took my picture with Stacy, and promised to send it to me. I'll share if I ever get it and it doesn't look too awful.

I still haven't eaten the gorgeous cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment